Work LocationBeijing( 北京),Chinese RequiredUnspecifiedExperience Required7 Years
QualificationMasters DegreeSalary (Monthly CNY)30000 - 40000Contract TypeFull Time
Job FunctionsMedia & Communications, Writing/Editing, Consulting
BRIDGE is seeking a Director level communications professional who can combine the passion and experience for advancing the global public goods while advancing our clients’ communications objectives.
This position will play a crucial role in representing BRIDGE to international stakeholders and oversee two major global client accounts. The role will be primarily responsible for developing and producing high-quality and high-impact written content in English for speeches, social editorials, blogs, videos or graphics, in support of the internal communications goals of the clients.
The ideal candidate will have excellent English writing ability and strong analytical, research and project management skills. Previous experience in speech writing, social media or cross-cultural communication, and broad knowledge and deep understanding of global health and development issues and current affairs, with an emphasis on China, are important. This position requires the ability to confront occasional challenges with good humor and a collaborative, problem-solving approach.
- Work with the client’s leadership to set branding and communications strategies, gather information and manage projects in support of the client’s internal and external communications goals.
- Lead client meetings and/or calls. Manage the client’s social media editorial calendar. Develop and produce social media reports and analysis on a monthly basis, deriving insights from social listening, channel metrics and editorial audits.
- Plan, research, draft and publish regular opinion articles about China in English for a western audience.
- Regularly maintain and update the client’s Intranet and other related internal facing materials.
- Manage and coordinate with agency partners, vendors, and other external parties for digital content creation and production.
- Provide general strategic counsel and English copyediting support for the client and BRIDGE’s junior staff.
- Develop new business opportunities by leveraging contacts, pursuing new product development, and improving project efficiency.
- English native speaker or near English native speaker
- Master’s degree or above in international development, communications or related field
- 7+ years of work experience in media, consulting and/or agency settings preferred
- Excellent English writing skills across a range of mediums (speeches, briefings, social copy, blogs, video scripts, articles, op-eds, etc.)
- Ability to build a trusting relationship with key principals and translate their thoughts and objectives into words and presentations
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Strong ability in concept development and creative thinking
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage and coordinate with a diversity of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work under tight, pressure-filled deadlines
- Ability to solve problems creatively and collaboratively
- Deep knowledge of and interest in China’s development, politics, society, culture and history
- Chinese language ability
- Social media experience
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience in building and managing teams to achieve ambitious results
- International work experience
Compensation & Benefits
- Employees are our most valuable asset. Upholding a “people-first” philosophy, BRIDGE provides competitive compensation packages to retain and motivate our employees.
- Compensation includes a 13-month base salary and a year-end bonus subject to company profitability and personal performance.
- Benefits include full payment of all statutory social insurances, expat medical insurances, 15 days of annual leave with pay and possible opportunity for international travel.
To apply for this position, please forward your resume, cover letter, and English writing samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be accepted until March 1, 2020.