Foreign Education Consultant
Posted 285 days ago ·
Work LocationShanghaiChinese RequiredNoExperience RequiredNone
QualificationBachelor DegreeSalary (Monthly CNY)NegotiableContract TypeFull Time
Job FunctionsConsulting, Education, Teaching
This is a full-time position in our consultant team. As an educational consultant, you will work with a team of local Chinese advisers, senior Chinese counselors with overseas educational backgrounds, and peer American consultants. You will assist 10-15 high-profile Chinese high school students with their American college applications. These students are highly motivated and come from some of the best schools in their region. Both serving as their college advisor and mentor, you will not only guide them through every critical step of the application process, but also facilitate their personal growth by offering your knowledge and insights about the US college education system, western culture, and the world in general. We have seen life-long mentorship and friendship established through the application season between our consultants and their students. A fulfilling sense of achievement, an enriching cultural experience, and an unparalleled opportunity to be a part of a growing industry in a growing market are what you can expect at Kylin Zhimeng Education.
During the spring and summer (non-peak season), you will teach English-related courses to a small group of Chinese high school students in a seminar style. Currently, we are developing an innovative curriculum that aims to bridge the knowledge and cultural gap between Chinese high school and US college education. Classes might include “Introduction to College Writing,” “Western Civilization,” or “Survival Guide for Social Life in the American College.” You can even design your own course to teach.
We embrace a sense of community within the company. Mutual respect and collaborative culture have been emphasized and reinforced between our local Chinese team and foreign consultant team. Official language for daily communication is English.
Working hours are very flexible and take-home projects are common. 40+ office work hours are to be expected during the peak season (September to December), but during the non-peak season, the workload will be very substantially less.
Contracts are typically and preferably for two application seasons. However, we do have opportunities for single-season, renewable contracts, pending other factors.
- Meet students to discuss their college choices and application strategies.
- Brainstorm with students on their essay topics.
- Work with students to revise and edit their college essays.
- Instruct and oversee students’ completion of other application documents.
- Deliver presentations at marketing seminars or client meetings.
- Teach enrichment classes, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree from a top U.S. research university or liberal arts college. All majors accepted.
- Strong writing and interpersonal skills. Special attention will be paid to those with creative backgrounds.
- Previous full time work experience in college counseling
- Knowledge of Mandarin is preferred but certainly NOT required.
- Interest in Chinese culture and educational development.
- Willingness to travel throughout China to meet clients and participate in other business and educational opportunities.